Here are the 3 Best Beaches in the US as of 2018!
I want to jump right into this, but first of all: Some of the links below are affiliate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, we will earn a commission if you click through those ones. Hopefully we are remembered as an honest and up-front review authority 🙂
1. Amazing Clearwater Beach – Clearwater, FL
The well known travel site, TripAdvisor has named Clearwater Beach the top beach in the country for 2018! And why not? Seems like Clearwater has almost everything:
- Resort Areas – For vacation travelers.
- Residential Areas – For when you decide to stay. 🙂
- Full Marina On – For The Boat/Ship Owners.
- White Sand Beaches – For Everyone
The list could probably go on for ever, but to summarize some of the more noteworthy activities: Parasailing, Scenic Boat Tours, Jet Skiing, Fishing of all kinds, Shopping of all kinds, Restaurants of all kinds, and don’t forget the Miniature Golf! For one person or an entire family, its the widely excepted Must-See destination of 2018, and easily one of the best beaches in the US.
2. Siesta Beach, Siesta Key, Fl
This was actually 2017’s widely accepted #1 beach. They’ve taken quite a few major awards over the decades and being world renown, it has brought millions of tourists to the state. It is absolutely one of Florida’s most beautiful gems. Some points of what make it so darn unique and one of the best beaches in the US. are:
- Siesta Beach has a Special type of sand that’s 99% Pure Quartz (silica sand). As a result, it makes the sand extra soft and cool on the feet.
- Most beaches are made of smashed coral and bedrock, but Siesta’s Is primarily from the Appalachian Mountains ,due to a perfect storm of geographic incidents.
- The southern portion of Siesta Beach extends to the sea wall and is known for its Marine Life and amaaaazing Coral.
Furthermore, I wanted to go into the last point of Family Friendliness a little deeper. The most noteworthy reasons this is considered to be one of the safest beaches, is because the water is shallow for rather far and has Year Round Lifeguards! Therefore, expect to see Siesta Beach pop up a bunch for high safety ratings in your upcoming vacation research
3. Hanauma Bay Nature Preserve , Honolulu, HI (Oahu)
First of all, Hanauma Bay is not just one of the most beautiful beaches imaginable. Consequently, rich marine life unique coral has earned this bay the title of Nature Preserve. As a result, that creates a couple of key points worth knowing
- Visitors are not supposed to touch the marine life or coral heads.
- That’s pretty okay though. Coral tends to be dangerously sharp anyways. As well as the teeth of some of the marine life! (IE: Sea Turtles, Sharks, Hell Steve Irwin went down to a Sting Ray!)
- About 400 different fish are known to live in Hanauma Bay
- Coral bleaching, credited to global warming, caused 10% of the coral to die in 2014 and 2015 alone. (Unfortunately, ya gotta get there wile its still there. Dont miss out on one of the best beaches in the US.)
If you travel enough, you’ll want to invest a little time into making sure your not wasting a single penny. Check it Out
Exactly how bad is a day at the beach with no sunscreen?
Not Good! Very Not Good! Our skin is made up of three layers:
- Epidermis – The most superficial layer, the epidermis, is responsible for protecting us from the sun.
When those UV rays are hitting us, weather its in a tanning bed or outside, the lower part of the epidermis will actually push toward the top to basically thicken the skin. The melanocytes are a cell in that layer, and are what produce that darker, tanner color at this time.
So yes, when you see a tan, that means skin damage has already taken place.
So what does sunscreen do?
It protects your skin by absorbing the brunt of the UV rays; so your body tans with less actual UV rays hitting it. Even the best beaches in the US have nature to contend with.
UVA & UVB
Gonna go ahead and give you the FDA link. There’s textbooks worth of trusted info there, but its really really simple. Use sunscreen at the beach, and if you cant kick the tanning beds. Mix 50/50 sunscreen with your tanning lotion and just don’t tell anyone if you want.
Getting a tan before you go on a vacation to get more tan has its appeal, But, and to be very Vulcan about it, using a stronger SPF sunscreen the first couple days is…. Logical. Well at least from a wear-and-tear on your skin point of view.
Family Beach Day Checklist Your Family Will Be Happy You Followed!:
All of these links go directly to Amazon if you want to nock any of them off your to do list. Just to remind everyone we get 5% commission from anything purchased through them. Hopefully we are remembered as an honest and up-front review authority 🙂
- Credit/Debit Cards
- Drivers Licenses
- Swim Cover Ups
- Food and Snacks
- Drinks and Water
- Good Hats
- Beach Towels
- Beach Blankets
- Beach Chairs
- Beach Umbrella
- Beach Toys
- Sun Glasses
- Charging Cords
- Portable Charging Bank (Best $10 i’v ever spent(Imagine your phone never dieing ever again…))
- Frisbees / Footballs / Anything for Group oriented activities
- Attire befitting where ever your going after(if you are).
Learn How to Avoid Jelly Fish Seasons!
I had a hole list planned out but once i saw the wikiHow and almost died of laughter, i changed my mind and decided to just suggest that everone go check out WIkiHow’s: “How to Avoid Getting Stung By Jelly Fish”
So Stay Beach-Safe Out There! And Do it With Confidence!
To find other reviews worth reading or to follow us on a social media, check us out at TopTestimonial.com
Thanks for Reading!